As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Our users can refer friends to our site www.vtiger.com. In the case where a bonus is offered to a user in return for the referral, we will only retain the information about the referred parties to properly credit the account of the user initiating the referral. The information is not used for any other purpose.
Collection and Use of your Personal Information
While accessing Vtiger products and services, we may collect personal information from you such as your name, email address, language, and more. We use this information to:
- Communicate, interact and build our relationship with you;
- Ensure that our site, products, and services are relevant to you;
- Notify you of billing or changes related to products or services that you receive from us;
- Send you newsletters, special offers, and information about new services, if you so request;
- Process, fulfill and follow up on transactions and requests for products, services, support, and information;
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Deter, detect, and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
Collection and Use of Google Account Information
When you log in to Vtiger using your Google Account, we collect and securely store your email address, first and last names from Google. We use this information exclusively to administer your account and communicate with you. Specifically, we use your email address to identify you during subsequent login attempts and in your communication with our support and sales teams, as well as to email you account and marketing information. We use your name to personalize your CRM, and our communications with you.
Collection and Use of Non Personal Information
When you register for Vtiger CRM On Demand, or download and install our software, we may collect non-personal information − data that does not permit direct association with any specific individual, such as your country and operating system. This information is used to help us improve our products and services.
- Your personal Information such as your user name, password, email address will be used primarily for providing you access to the Vtiger CRM On Demand service. We will also use your name, and email address to communicate changes, events related to the Vtiger CRM On Demand service. We post user testimonials on our website. These testimonials may include names and other Personal Information and we acquire permission from our users prior to posting these on our website. Vtiger is not responsible for the personal Information users elect to post within their testimonials. Vtiger will promptly delete any information on the testimonial upon request.
- 3rd party Information: While using the Vtiger CRM On Demand service, you will be entering details of your clients, such as Contacts and Accounts, uploading documents..etc. This information may be used in an anonymized fashion, privately and solely by Vtiger to improve our products and services, such as for the development and training of machine-learning based algorithms.
- Usage Details: Your usage details such as time, frequency, duration, pattern of use, features used and the amount of storage used might be recorded by us and used to improve the Vtiger CRM On Demand service.
- Visitor Details: We use the Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring URL, files accessed, errors generated, time zone, operating system and other visitor details collected in our log files to analyze the trends, administer the website, track visitor’s movements and to improve our website. We link this automatically-collected data to other information we collect about you.
- The data stored in your user account, including documents, emails, contact details, invoices, ..etc, will be stored on the servers of our Cloud infrastructure provider. These servers are located in the United States and other countries. Use of Vtiger CRM On Demand service signifies your consent to such transfer of your data outside of your country.
- In order to prevent loss of data due to errors or system failures, we also keep backup copies of data including the contents of your user account. Hence your files and data may remain on our servers even after deletion or termination of your user account. We assure you that the contents of your user account will not be disclosed to anyone. We also do not process the contents of your user account for serving targeted advertisements.
We use temporary and permanent cookies to enhance your experience of our Vtiger CRM On Demand services. Temporary cookies will be removed from your computer each time you close your browser. By selecting ‘keep me signed in’ option in Vtiger CRM On Demand Services, a permanent cookie will be stored in your computer and you will not be required to sign-in by providing complete login information each time you return to our website. If you have turned cookies off, you may not be able to use registered areas of the website. We tie cookie information to your email address when you elect to remain logged in so as to maintain and recall your preferences within the website.
Use of Web beacons
Web beacons are 1×1 clear images that are embedded onto a web page or an email to document traffic and for website analytics without collecting any Personal Information. To provide the service, we may from time to time employ the use of web beacons on the website and in emails.
3rd Party Analytics Services
Links from our website
With whom we share Information
Clear Gifs and Log Files
We and our third party partners use technologies such as web beacons in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We link this automatically-collected data to other information we collect about you.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not use technology that recognizes DNT signals from your web browser.
How secure is your Information
Although no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we take reasonable steps to protect all Personal Information and data you store in our service. Vtiger maintains strict administrative, technical, and physical procedures to protect information stored in our servers, which are located in the United States and other regions of the world. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information and data you store in your account [to be deleted]. Access to your name and email address is restricted to the employees of Vtiger. Data stored in your account is only accessed by the Vtiger team when performing the migration, or support services.
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Your Choice in Information Use
Accessing, Updating and Removing Personal Information
We provide users with access to their Personal Information. Users may correct, update or remove any such Personal Information either by accessing their user account or by contacting Vtiger Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such changes may take up to 48 hours to take effect. We respond to all enquiries within 30 days.
Investigation of Illegal Activity
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Notification of Changes
Blogs and Forums
We provide the capacity for users to post information in blogs and forums for sharing information in a public space on the website. This information is publicly available to all users of these forums and visitors to Vtiger sites. We require registration to publish information, but given the public nature of both platforms, any Personal Information disclosed within these forums may be used to contact users with unsolicited messages. We encourage users to be cautious in disclosure of Personal Information in public forums as Vtiger is not responsible for the Personal Information users elect to disclose.
Vtiger also supports third-party widgets on the website that allow users to share articles and other information on different platforms. These widgets do not collect or store any Personal Information from users on the website and simply act as a bridge for your convenience in sharing information.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to our latest terms of service to learn about the disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of Vtiger.
Last Updated on: 20th June, 2016.