Thousands of businesses use Vtiger CRM Open Source as a complete on-premise CRM application without the need to pay for expensive commercial licenses. Getting started is as easy as downloading the application, installing it on a server, and getting set up.
The open source edition is supported by a vibrant community of thousands of businesses, hundreds of thousands of users, and countless developers and partners that help shape its direction. That means that while its core functionality far surpasses that of alternatives, and it can be easily extended through the hundreds of plugins developed by professional Vtiger developers, and available on the extension marketplace. With all that, it’s no wonder that Vtiger’s free open source CRM ranks #1 in total downloads on SourceForge, at 4.5 million to date.
Policies and Licenses
Vtiger CRM is built using the following open source software and licenses:
- Apache web server (Apache license)
- MySQL database (MySQL community)
- PHP (PHP License 3.0)
- SugarCRM (SugarCRM Public License 1.1.2)
- gdwin32 (graphic library) (http://www.boutell.com/gd/)
- PHPMailer (LGPL)
- ADOdb (BSD)
- phpSysinfo (GPL)
- Vtiger’s modifications to the SugarCRM code are under Vtiger Public License 1.1. Additional components written by Vtiger, not coming under the purview of the SPL, are provided under the Mozilla Public License.
The Vtiger Public License 1.1 (VPL 1.1) is based on the Mozilla Public License (MPL 1.1), and provides free use to anyone using it under the provisions of the license, covering the following add-ons:
- Vtiger Outlook Plug-in
- Vtiger Thunderbird Extension
- Vtiger Office Plug-in
- Vtiger Customer Portal
Note: downloads originate from sourceforge.net. Please allow a few seconds after clicking on any link for your download to begin.