Guidelines for ensuring that you comply with anti-spam laws when sending emails through Vtiger
Last Modified: September 15, 2020
Vtiger Email Campaigns is a service, and a part of the CRM application that allows you to create, send and manage marketing emails and newsletters. You must comply with the Vtiger’s Anti-spam policy, which follows the US CAN-SPAM Act or other similar laws applicable to you. You must determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws(ex: GDPR) apply to you or your contacts based on the country where your business is located, or your contacts or customers are located and comply with those laws. In addition, you may send emails through Vtiger Email Campaigns only to the contacts that you have obtained consent by acceptable means as listed below (“Acceptable Means”).
You shall not send emails to any contact if:
By using Vtiger Campaigns, you agree that You will not send emails that:
1) Sender Information. Every email that you send using Vtiger Campaigns, shall contain an 'about us' section that has the following information:
2) Postal Address. The Customer must provide their true and accurate postal address that will be included in each message footer. The Customer is required to maintain and promptly update this data to ensure it is current, complete and accurate. Vtiger may monitor all outgoing messages to verify that proper sender's information is included in the message content.
3) Consent. You must have received explicit consent from your contact before you start sending commercial emails. The consent must have been provided separately through a conscious act by the contact. Consent not granted electronically will require written confirmation from the address holder.
4) Double Opt-in. GDPR or other regulations require that you have to obtain explicit, unambiguous permission to send marketing email – that basically means getting a double opt-in. Vtiger offers necessary tools for its customers to create a true double opt-in list.
5) Email Opt-out and Unsubscribe Link. You must inform recipients how to opt-out of receiving future email from you. Your marketing emails must include an Unsubscribe Link where the recipient can opt-out of getting email from you in the future.
6) From and reply-to verification. Vtiger will verify that all from addresses are fully legitimate so that spoofing cannot occur.
7) Monitoring and Throttling. In order to prevent spam and to detect possible violations of this policy, Vtiger reserves the right to monitor and review the contents of your email campaigns both manually and through automated tools. Vtiger may also copy the content of the email campaigns and transmit copies of the content to affiliates and service providers for the purpose of reviewing the content and developing an automated tool for detecting spamming and other violations of these Terms. Vtiger also reserves the right to throttle email campaigns sent by you, especially if you are sending email campaigns to a contact list for the first time.
Recipients may report suspected spam to Vtiger. If a recipient of your email marks it as spam, Vtiger will receive a notification. Suppose the number of emails marked as spam exceeds the industrial norms. In that case, Vtiger reserves the right to take appropriate action against you, which may include permanent termination of your user account.
Vtiger may, at any time, require you to prove that you have express permission to send emails to email addresses you have imported to Vtiger Services irrespective of whether you have sent marketing emails to such email addresses.
8) Bandwidth Abuse. You are provided with the facility to host images on Vtiger’s servers only to enable you to host images used in your email campaigns sent through Vtiger Email Campaigns. You shall not create a load on Vtiger’s servers or abuse Vtiger’s bandwidth by hosting images on Vtiger’s servers for any other use such as using the images on websites and sending the images through other email delivery tools.
Your failure to comply with this Anti-Spam Policy may result in suspension or termination, or both, of the Services pursuant to the Agreement. Vtiger reserves the right to take legal action if your spamming activity causes any interruptions or damages to the Vtiger reputation.